Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Diabetes & Beverages

Here is a question I have recently received from FOODPICKER.org :

Since I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I have been really watching my carb intake. I'm not sure about beverages though. What can I drink that will not affect my blood sugar besides water? Can I have my morning coffee?

Answer: This is a great question. Although water is probably the most recommended beverage for those with diabetes, there are other options.

Low-calorie and calorie-free "diet" drinks such as flavored seltzers, iced or hot tea, black coffee, diet ginger ale and Fresca are great alternative to sodas, fruit punch and other sugar-filled drinks. You might also want to consider Lipton and Crystal Light To Go packets, which are great for flavoring water.


No comments:

Post a Comment